If this is true, we still must abide by the laws of God that govern sexuality. Indeed, from a fairly young age, everyone faces sexual desires. If we give in to these desires in a manner that is not lawful, then we have committed sexual immorality, whether it be man with man or man with woman, etc. While the subject of homosexuality is an intensely emotional subject today, as far as sexual desire is concerned, it is no different than the desires of heterosexuality, in that both types of desires can always be successfully overcome and God expects that out of all of us. Therefore a claim that one is born a homosexual and therefore must fulfill those desires is just as erroneous as a claim that one is born heterosexual and therefore must fulfill those desires unlawfully. The laws are very specific that sexuality is only to be found in the marriage relationship between one man and one woman (Genesis 2:24; 1 Corinthians 7:2); to give into any other sexual desire is sinful.
Latest posts by Tanner Campbell (see all)
- Where was Jesus for Three days when His Body lay in the Grave? - May 14, 2016
- And His Commandments are Not Burdensome - May 3, 2016
- Establishing Bible Authority: The Silence of the Scriptures - May 3, 2016
- And His Commandments are Not Burdensome - May 2, 2016
- Historical Evidences of the Gospel: The Roman Historian Suetonius - April 23, 2016